The Job Costing module provides a powerful tool for budgeting, forecasting, collecting and reporting on the expenditure and revenue associated with specific projects or jobs.
- Set up jobs to reflect the structure of your business.
- Keep records of budgets and forecasts for each job.
- Allow long–term jobs to run for more than one year.
- Assign related jobs to the same contract.
Expense & Revenue
- Define your own expense and revenue types.
- Itemwise budget and forecast by expense and revenue type; for example labour, materials, subcontracted work and customer payments.
- Subdivide each type of expense or revenue for more detailed analysis.
- Build in a percentage overhead for each type of expense or revenue.
- Set up multiple pay rates to be used to cost time posted to a job.
- Keep a full transaction history for selected jobs, including transactions from previous years.
- Keep summary information for each accounting period.
- In a finance environment record purchases, sales, timesheets and payroll items for each job.
- In a distribution environment record purchase order, sales order and stock issue transactions for each job.
- In a manufacturing environment record operation cost and stock usage cost for each job.
- Automatically record expenses and revenue for each job.
- Hold separate figures for each type of expense and revenue associated with a particular job, allowing you to analyse the constituents of every job.
- Post additional manual items and adjustments.
- Monitor the relationship between budgeted or forecast figures and the actual expenditure and revenue, to maintain strict financial control over each job.
- Transaction Audit Trails.
- Period Transactions.
- Job Summary Analysis.
- Expense/Revenue Analysis.
- Job Master Files
- Cumulative Transactions
- Expense/Revenue Variances
- Job Variances
- Jobs Exceeding Time–Scale